The Purple Bottle

Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Koobas


I've been fascinated by the Koobas ever since the age of 11 or 12 when I was given a Monkees annual which had the picture of the band that you see above. It wasn't until many years later that I actually heard their music when I got the CD reissue of their sole album but I wasn't disappointed! It's an excellent pop-psyche record full of great tunes, strong vocals and great musicianship. You can get it, plus a compilation of their earlier singles at the wonderful Dive Into Yesterday blog;
There is also some excellent footage of the band (wearing the floral trousers!) up at You Tube;

1 Comments:

  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger aldo said…

    Hi Tulloch,

    thanks for mentioning my blog.
    On my very first post on Chilean Beat Groups(re-posted in Aug), you'll find a version "You better make up your mind" by Los Mac's.
    They had a great album "Kaleidoscope Men", a very Pepper-ish affair...unfortunately it didn't sell and for their last 1968 album they did mostly covers and one of the highlights is the Koobas cover.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home